Death

4.29.2010

I think a lot...random things mostly. My mind is like a hamster on a wheel, it is constantly spinning unless I decide to jump off and give it a break. Here lately though, I have been thinking about death. Now, I know what you are thinking. You probably think that I am suicidal or dark and twisted, but that is not the case. Death has been on my mind because in the past month, I have attended 4 funerals. All close family and friends that have passed away due to unnatural occurrences or longevity in life. Death is natural, and we will all face it one way or another, but how we face it determines everything. Will we face death scared and unprepared or will we face it joyfully knowing that there is something much better after death?


Some of you are thinking what could possibly be joyful in death and some of you already know where I am headed with this. In my opinion, death is not a scary thing when you have a relationship with Jesus Christ. The Bible tells us that there is “a time to be born, and a time to die” (Ecclesiastes 3:2) and “Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints” (Psalm 116:15). So just as we are born, we must also die, but if we are one of His saints, our death is precious in God’s sight.


All of this is supposed to make me feel better, but it doesn’t. If the doctor told me today that I was going to die in 24 hours, I would be fearful. Not of death itself, but fearful that I did not complete everything that I was supposed to accomplish with what I was given. God has blessed me tremendously, but I need to keep my mind on His things and not so much on the random things that run through my head like the hamster on the wheel. Death is going to come to us all in one way or another, but instead of thinking about death, think about your life and what you are living for. Are you living only for yourself, or are you living for the one true Savior Jesus Christ?


“For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.” Romans 8:18

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About This Blog

Just a few ramblings to brighten your day.

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP